So it’s been a while, but I have taken all of your feedback into a lot of consideration. Thank you all so, so much. I’ll start with my chili recipe which I adapted from the awesome Kath. It’s a vegetarian chili-ish/stew-ish dish. I never make anything for myself so I’m pretty proud to say I finally made something I can warm up throughout the week! Haha. Here you go [my additions/changes are in red]
Throw-in-a-Pot Vegetarian Chilihere]
Ingredients (12 cups)
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2-3 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Black beans, drained and rinsed 12 cans Navy (or pinto) beans, drained and rinsed
cupcan of frozencorn 1 cup frozen okra 1/2 cup frozen lima beans (or canned)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes [fire-roasted]
- 2 bags frozen spinach
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
3 garlic cloves
- 1 heaping tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin [I used probably a Tablespoon or more. This is my favorite spice!]
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp Ghirardelli cocoa powder (unsweet)
- 2 sprinkles garlic powder [I added more at the end, I am Italian ;-)]
- 1 sprinkle cayenne pepper
3-4 glugs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- Spray pot with olive oil cooking spray, saute garlic and onions until onions are translucent.
- Throw the rest of the ingredients in a pot! Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or longer.
You may think this does not look appealing, but I assure you… It’s delicious.
MAKE IT NOW!
Okay, so now my two tiny steps. They may seem ridiculous but they are steps
I hope that will lead to bigger and consistent steps. First, I finally ordered a sandwich at the cafe I do work at all of the time. It was really good and although I did get [light on] the provolone cheese instead of cream cheese… It was so worth it. I never order food out because I don’t know what’s on it… So I decided just to get up, shut up, and eat it. [with a side of fruit && pickle :-)]
Second tiny step… I finally set up an appointment at the counseling center. About time, right?! But I did it. I was pretty much going back and forth in front of the building for about
15 5 minutes, but I got my toosh in there.
Although my knee is causing me to have anxiety attacks [literally] every 3 hours… I’m just trying to stay positive. I’m not going to lie, when it gets inflamed, I get so upset I get chills, sweats, and cry like a baby. Before I had eating problems, I never used to cry. I was a tom-boy and I loved living life on the edge!
The dunkin’ donuts I go to for coffee has my coffee ready for me before I get into the building. I. love. it. Haha!
Have you ever gone to a place so much, your order is ready before you say anything?
I’m a creature of habit, so this tends to happen to me a lot. 😉
If you watching the Biggest Loser, what do you think about Anna being the new trainer?
I’m not going to lie… I was a bit disappointed the first couple of episodes; however, I bought the new Women’s Health Magazine and after reading the article, I guess I respect her as a trainer a little bit more.