Today is reveal day for February’s Foodie Pen Pals!
I really like this whole shin-dig because I tend to eat/snack on the same things everyday, so getting new snacks to try is a plus in my book! Let’s me step out of my boring schedule, get out of my comfort zone, and spice things up a bit.
My pen pal was Kristina from Minnesota! Thank you so much for everything! You definitely got me things right up my alley. I was so excited when I opened the box to reveal everything was from TRADER JOES!!! I’ve been planning a roadtrip with one of my friends for a long time, but we’ve never gotten a chance to go due to anti-social tendencies and knee issues. Boo. However, I love everything in this box and it just makes me even more excited for the road trip!
In the box:
- Pear Sauce – I like pears a lot and this was devoured as soon as a I opened the box. Delicious.
- Roasted Plantain Chips – I am pretty obsessed with bananas so I love the crisp texture. And I really want to make these bars, so I was excited to see these in the box!
- Nothing but Bananas… Flattened – I could probably makes this in my kitchen but the fact they sell stuff like this is just amazing!
- Roasted Coconut Chips – Oh.my.God. I am on a coconut kick right now and these are definitely delicious. My mom and I have been grabbing handfuls of this stuff constantly. A little goes a long way. A long, delicious way.
- Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel Bar – This is one of my favorites! Love the sweet + salty!
- Luna Nut Brownie
- Dark Chocolate Nibs – (!!!) I have wanted to buy these for so long, but they are really expensive at Wegmans. I love the fact they are only one calorie a piece and they’re really good for a midday chocolate craving!
- TJ’s Extra Dark Chocolate – In my world, the darker = the better!
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Seeds – I have never had a pomegranate seed because I’m intimidated/too lazy to get the seeds out of one. These are so good!
In Kristina’s note, she explained everything in this box was things she ate after a workout/midday snacks ~100 calories. Since I’m a big snacker, I loved the thought she put into the box! Also, she explained she is a milk chocolate eater (boo :-P) so she had her best friend pick out the dark chocolate goodies. Well, thank you Kristina’s best friend because you definitely picked out delicious things. My family is a dark chocolate family all.the.way, so we love when things are bitter. I’m guilty of eating Lindt’s 99% chocolate bar. Sorry, not sorry.
OH! And how could I forget the best part of the box?!
TJ’s Beef Jerky Strips for Elmo! I couldn’t tell if the smell was driving him nuts or not! 😉
These are my goodies for February and I will definitely be participating in March! If you haven’t signed up, please head on over and read about it! It’s definitely worth it!
Are you a white, milk, or dark chocolate lover?
I’m a chocolate snob 😉 so I only eat dark chocolate. Milk is way too sweet for me and “white chocolate” isn’t really chocolate!