This weekend went by pretty fast but not fast enough. My knee is still really swollen but I have a doctor’s appointment this upcoming Thursday so I guess I’ll wait until then to see what’s up. I apologize for scaring you all with the picture in my last post, and although it doesn’t look as bad… It’s still pretty gruesome. 3 weeks down on crutches, only one more to go! Thank God. Lets move on to some Tuesday things since both start with “T”s. 😉
1. Winning a free dozen cupcakes from Sublime Cupcakes on Facebook. I was under my mom’s account and tried to think of words to describe my Mommom. Since my vocabulary is on the small side (Hey, I’m a math major), I tried to think of a fancy word like everyone else but… My mommom wasn’t fancy. My mommom was humble and my hero. She didn’t expect bells and whistles with anything, so I wrote “giving”. Plain and Simple. My mom was chosen out of 1000+ people. To me, this is a sign from my Mommom she’s always with me. I miss her so much.
2. I split the Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch cupcake with my mom. These cupcakes are the best. I used to get them all the time on my way back to Shippensburg but I haven’t let myself indulge in way too long, so I definitely missed these little gems and it was worth every bite!
3. I ate dinner out with my Mom almost every day this week. My dad was working second shift all week which leaves my Mom and I to eat whatever. Now, we refer to this week as “Wegman’s Week” because we pretty much will drive 30 minutes to get Wegmans every other night. We’re slightly addicted, I guess. 😉
4. I spent Mother’s Day with my mom. We have so many fights it’s ridiculous sometimes, but this weekend for the first time she said, “You know, when we fight and I say mean things… I don’t ever mean them”. It was the first time she’s said something about it and it just made things so much better. For the first time, she apologized and it meant… A lot. I love her.
5. I did some grocery shopping for Foodie Pen-Pals and bought these gems. So addicted. Thanks, Amanda. 😛
Overall, I’ve just been sitting around a lot and worrying about the fact my knee swelling doesn’t seem to be decreasing at all. It’s always a worry at this point. I can’t really help it. Now, I’m off to watch Who Wants to be a Millionaire and make some of oatmeal. Love.
Have you ever tried apple chips?
These are pretty good. I like the fact they aren’t soggy like normal apple “chips”. Plus, the only ingredients are apples and cinnamon!
What’s your favorite cupcake flavor?
I’m definitely a chocolate and peanut butter lover, but I also like Smores cupcakes… And banana… And who am I kidding?! I WANT THEM ALL! 😛