If you haven’t signed up for this yet, you definitely need to go over to Lindsay’s site and sign yourself up! Here is a quick run down of what it’s all about:
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written.
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are.
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.
This month my Foodie Pen Pal was Katie! I can’t even describe how excited I was when I found out she lives in Hawaii. So, so jealous. What a lucky girl, right?!
Well, Katie sent me the nicest package with the cutest little note about her first foodie pen pals shopping excitement as well as her first time at Whole Foods! This is what I love about this whole thing! Not only do you get to try new products but the sender ventures out themselves! Needless to say, Katie immediately fell in love with Whole Foods. 😉
Here’s the list of what she sent me:
- Dark Chocolate Bar
- Maui Shortbread Cookies
- Hemp Granola in a wooden bowl (so cute!)
- Hawaiian Host Macadamia Nut Chocolates (!!!)
- Kona Coffee Blend
- Postcard from one of her favorite parts of the island!
- Two Handmade Soaps (Hawaiian Waters and Chocolate Mint)
- Toy for Elmo 🙂
As I said, Katie included a funny story about her foodie penpals shopping trip. She and her husband each picked out a handmade soap to see which one I would like best. He chose the Chocolate Mint and she chose the Hawaiian Waters. Although I adore the chocolate mint scent from Bath and Body Works, I must say Katie won this battle! The Hawaiian waters smells so clean and just instantly relaxes you when you smell it. Obviously, this is good for me right now 😉
And, of course, Elmo enjoyed his new toy! After I gave it to him, the tag was immediately taken off within ten minutes. He’s so predictable.