Yay for Tuesdays so I can put my thoughts into a list post! So much easier for me to compile my thoughts! And Pretty Little Liars is on tonight! Yessss. But anyway…
1. I bought new Brooks running support shoes. But you don’t run. Yes, well, (after freaking out everyone via Instagram) I did indeed try to trot my way up and down my street. A whole .25 miles of pure bliss. So far, my knee feels about the same; however, I am on a heavy dose of steroids right now which is keeping it at bay. My strategy is to get stronger while I have something dealing with the inflammation. The scary thing is I was off of them at one point for two days and my knee was already poofing back up. Come on, knee Gods! (More on this at the end of the post)
2. I definitely bought this Kelly and Michael 20 ounce mug. I couldn’t help myself. It was one of those “I have to have this” moments. I watch the show every morning!
3. I really like this wrap. I would be happy eating it every day if it was an option. The cashew spread is to.die.for! And I found this Blazin’ Buffalo hummus which sounded yummy because I always did love buffalo wings as a kid!
4. I bring Elmo everywhere with me and keep him in the cars while I’m in a store. I’m pretty sure people think I’m the worst pet owner but what they don’t know is I crank the A/C on full blast and lock the doors from the outside to keep the car running. Waste of gas? Yes. But anything for my little guy who was obviously not impressed by my food purchases.
5. It’s kind of hard to see in this picture, but he loves to stick his head out the window and rest it on the side mirror. It’s like a little headrest!
6. One craving satisfied: Watermelon Sorbet and Cotton Candy froyo with chocolate sprinkles, nonpareils, and chocolate chips. I must admit I do get a big froyo thing and keep it in my freezer to take bites every now and then… like now.
So, there you have it. Some of the things I’ve been up to lately. I’m not going to lie and say my knees are 100% better or even close; in fact, I’m really sure the only reason my knee is holding its own is from the steroids. I’m hoping if I get stronger, the knee issues with slowly subside… Even if it’s my left knee. It’s hard to go from being able to run 13.1 miles to barely being able to run up and down your street. But at the same time? I kind of love the challenge. I just hope things hold up but, like I said, my knees do not feel worse right now than they would any other day. Actually, they didn’t hurt at all while I was running. If anything, I feel more pain when I start panicking if I’m doing the wrong thing, too much, too little, etc. The more anxiety I have the worse things get so I just have to have faith.
Tell me something about your Tuesday.
Do you go for fruit, nut, or chocolate flavored ice cream/frozen yogurt?